While Chilliwack Seventh-day Adventist Christian School has been established primarily for the children of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, membership in the church is not a requirement for admission.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The following procedure is normally followed:
1. Interested families request an information package.
2. Completed application forms as well as a photocopy of the student’s birth certificate and Care Card are sent to:
Chilliwack Adventist Christian School
46024 Riverside Drive
Chilliwack, BC, V2P 3K8
3. Families applying for the first time will be asked to attend an interview.
4. The principal will make a recommendation to the admissions committee.
5. The admissions committee will make a ruling as to the student’s acceptance.
6. The admissions committee will present their recommendations to the board.
New students entering Grades 1 to 6 may be required to take a placement test prior to final acceptance. This test enables us to establish the level the student is working at in a number of key areas. At times this test may be waived.
Chilliwack Adventist Christian School admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at its schools, and make no discrimination on the basis of race, colour, ethnic background, country of origin, or sex in administration of education policies, applications for admission, scholarships, and extracurricular programs. We welcome any young person who desires a character building education and is willing to support the standards of the school and comply with its regulation.
It is recommended that students entering Kindergarten be 5 years of age prior to September 1 of the school year, and students entering Grade One be 6 years of age by the same date. This is to help ensure readiness for learning on the part of the student.